Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's Not So Easy

So, I've been happily skating by with my raw food lifestyle, singing its praises. Then, suddenly, I get blindsided. It's like clockwork. I've read that about three weeks into your journey you start to feel the effects of your body's detoxing. 22 days in, and last night was a rough one. Granted, I have to say that I'm sure it's the combination of the meds I'm taking and the detoxing, but nonetheless it was a rough night. I started feeling icky around 8 pm. One of the meds I'm taking makes me EXTREMELY SLEEPY, which is why I take it at night. By 8:35, I called it a night. Somewhere during the night I got up to use the bathroom, then remembered I had forgotten to take one of my meds. As I made my way toward the kitchen, I started feeling dizzy, so I called out for help. The next thing I knew, I was waking up to the sound of voices. I had fainted! Luckily, I had clutched the wall, and slid down, so I didn't fall. I made my way to the ground until I could get up on my own. I started feeling dizzy again and had to sit down. I finally was able to take my pill and find my way to bed, with a little help. When I woke up this morning, I still felt woozy. I've been feeling wimpy all day long. So, I've been drinking lots of water and fresh fruit juices. I'm finally starting to feel better. I guess it's all just part of the process. It's part detox and part adjusting to these dreaded medications, that I wish I didn't have to take at all. But, as with all things, it's just for a season. It was a bit scary, but I wasn't hurt or in any danger. I'm thankful my family was around to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment