Thursday, October 22, 2009

Weight Loss Update

Current Weight: 150#

Well, it's four days 'til my birthday, and I've reached my weight loss goal! Officially, yesterday I weighed in at 150 pounds. This is a 14 pound weight loss since August 23rd; a very healthy rate of weight loss. I'm starting to fit into some clothes I had stopped wearing. My size 14 jeans are loose! My 12s are starting to fit, but I'm not quite muffin top-less yet. I have one pair of black jeans/slacks that are size 12 and fit perfectly, which I'll be wearing out tomorrow. My other pair of size 12 blue jeans zips up, but not without squeezing out the muffin top. What I'm really ready for is for my size 10 jeans to fit. I have several pairs in that size, as well as in size 8. I also have jeans in size 6, and a couple in size 4, which I barely ever wore. I wasn't that small for very long.

As far as my energy goes, I've still been on a rollercoaster. Last week, I was feeling great, and wasn't needing a nap in the afternoon as I had been previously. This week, however, the naps are back. So is my dip in energy. I'm not sure whether to attribute this lack of energy to the change in weather we've been having, or to part of the detox process of having adopted a raw vegan diet. I've been incorporating green smoothies in my day, at least once a day. They've been pretty tasty. I've been trying different combinations, and my favorite so far has been a mixute of spinach, kale, coconut water, a frozen banana and one peach. Yesterday I don't know what happened. Perhaps it was the not-quite-ripe mango I added, or the greenness of the kale and spinach, but I had a really tough time choking down my drink. It was giving me the chills as I swallowed down mouthfull after mouthful, when finally I just stopped half way and decided that was plenty. I do like the benefits of drinking green smoothies, especially how easy it is to swallow down a ton of greens without making my jaw sore or becoming just plain bored of chewing. Today, I'll stick with my favorite combo, and leave the experimenting for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment