Friday, October 16, 2009

Weight Loss Update

Current Weight: 152.2 #

Well, it's ten days til my birthday, and I'm a little more than two pounds away from my goal. I am confident that I can be rid of 2.2 pounds in 10 days. This week, my energy has been pretty low, especially during my workouts. I was just telling my boyfriend last night how I feel like my workouts have been missing something, but I wasn't quite sure what, exactly. I've been feeling lackluster, even with changing up my routine and adding "wogging" to my regimine. Then, this morning, I had a pretty cool experience. I had been dreading my morning wog since last night. In my morning prayers, I even told God how I really didn't feel like wogging today. I asked for strength, endurance, and the will power to get my workout done. Well, it started raining, and I don't wog in the rain, so I was saved! The best part is, not only did I not have to wog, but I had the endurance and strength to complete 60 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill, 45 minutes of stationary cycling, and 30 minutes of resistance training! I don't feel completely drained, either. Thank God for small miracles! I think my body is finally settling in to this raw food lifestyle. I have yet to start juicing (still waiting on my juicer), but I've been eating lots of salads and taking Vega whole food protein drinks before and after my workouts. One thing I have noticed, and I noticed almost immediately, is that when I'm eating raw I don't have headaches like when I eat cooked foods. I had been so used to dealing with a headache every day, at varying intensities, for the majority of my adult life. I hope to continue to improve in health and wellness with this newfound lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment