Friday, October 9, 2009

Raw Food

I inadvertently started a raw food diet. It started Tuesday, when I wasn't feeling very hungry most of the day. I ate a couple of bananas, and had a regular dinner. I felt okay the next day, but still not very hungry. So, I ate mostly fruit during the day and had a salad for dinner. Such has been the trend all week, it seems. Yesterday I had a banana, an apple, and celery with peanut butter and raisins (a.k.a. ants on a log), then I ate an early dinner. I'm noticing that I've been feeling more alert this week. Maybe it's my body trying to tell me something. Maybe this is the missing link to my energy woes. I've been training as hard as my body will let me, and eating clean. I've removed every food imaginable that could be causing allergic reactions or sensitivities. But, finally, this week, I've gotten some relief from this seeming unending lethargy. I've been on a raw food diet three times for two to three months over the last two years. When I'm on it, I feel great. My mind feels clear, my energy is up, my recovery time is shortened. I've not been able to last past three months, though. I feel like by that time my body hits a brick wall and I start to feel sluggish, and I'm hungry all the time. I think I'm going to give this a shot again, but this time I won't go for 100% raw. I'll eat raw all day, and have a regular vegan dinner. That might help balance out the good with the not-so-good. Who knows, maybe I'll get to feeling like I don't even need the one cooked meal a day. For now, it sounds like the best of both worlds. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment