Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bandwagon Jeans

I've been living in elastic waistbands since early February, so I decided to take my own advice and try on some of my jeans. The last time I attempted to wear a pair of jeans was in July when I was packing for my CA trip. I packed all of my size 14s, sure they would fit me. I packed some of my 12s, hopeful that the time away would help me get back on the weightloss bandwagon. Two days before my trip, I decided to make sure my jeans that were occupying such valuable space in my suitcase actually did fit me. To my surprise, they didn't! Not one pair of even my size 14s would travel over my hips, which meant they would not be making the trip to CA this year. I was quite disappointed. Being a classic apple shape, I gain nearly all of my weight around my waist. Even when I weighed more than 200 pounds, my legs stayed relatively shapely. A mere 25 pounds pushed me from a size 8 to more than a size 14, and I was discouraged enough not to look into this matter any further at the time. So, I packed all of my stretchy pants and enjoyed my trip.

Now that I'm back on the weightloss bandwagon, I've since lost 6 pounds. I decided now would be a good time to try on those pants again. Well, it turns out that the size 14s went on smoothly, and even closed-- but not so smoothly. I still had a muffin top, but at least they made the trip over my hips! I'm considering this a small, yet valuable victory. My goal is to pack my size 8s for my vacation next summer, and the only stretchy pants I take with me will be part of my workout gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment