Saturday, September 5, 2009

Weightloss Update

weight: 158#

So far, since 7/16 I've lost a total of 9 pounds, 6 of which have been since 8/14. This is very encouraging news, since between 7/23 and 8/14 I plateaued. In those three weeks I was in CA visiting family, and trying very hard not to fall off the wagon while still enjoying my stay. So, considering I was across the country and out of my routine, I'm just pleased I didn't gain any weight during that time!

Now, at my current weight, I have 20 pounds to go to reach a comfortable weight for me. I had wanted to be at my goal weight by my birthday, but since that is only a few weeks away, I have to make some new goals. I can comfortably and safely set a goal of losing no less than 6 and no more than 12 pounds in the next 6+ weeks ahead. That could put me at the halfway mark to my longer-term goal of 20 pounds. A safe weightloss average range is 1/2 to 2 pounds per week. The more you have to lose, the quicker the weight comes off initially. Depending on your level of activity, the scale may or may not budge. This is because as you become more active, you begin to build more muscle, and muscle is denser (takes up less space) and weighs more than fat. Ideally, using a bodyfat monitor would help you to measure progress, as it geives a clearer view of what's going on inside. But not everyone has regular access to this tool. So, a good determining gauge would be how your clothes fit. Once a week. you could try on a pair of jeans that fit you just right, and then a pair that are a bit snug on you. As the comfy jeans get bigger, and the tight jeans start to slide on, you can be sure that you are on your way to meeting your goals, regardless of what the scale says.

1 comment:

  1. Great advice about the jeans versus the scale! I think that is a wonderful goal that you set for yourself!

    ReplyDelete