Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weightloss Update

Current Weight: 157.2#
Jeans Size: 14

Well, my jeans fit slightly better this week: revealing a smaller muffin top. Tomorrow is the last day of my cleanse. I used the leftovers from a full body cleanse I never finished a few months back. It was about 10 days' worth, and to be honest, I thought I would have lost more weight this week. I know that the prescription drugs I'm on are making it more difficult to lose weight, but it's still frustrating. I'm doing everything I know to do:
1) I'm keeping a food diary, and keeping my caloric intake to less than 1400 calories on most days.
2) I'm keeping a workout log, and varying my workouts to beat boredom and prevent overuse.
3) I'm taking daily supplements to complement both my diet and my training.
4) I'm weighing in daily, keeping a close eye on my weight fluctuations.
5) I'm not eating anything past dinner, which is about 6pm daily.
6) I'm keeping a regular food schedule, eating every 3 hours or so.
7) I'm supplementing my workouts with a protein shake after every workout.
8) I'm staying active throughout the day, not just during my workouts.
9) I'm getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
10) I'm staying well hydrated, carrying water with me wherever I go. I drink more than 80 ounces per day.
11) I'm eating fruits and/or vegetables at every meal, and supplementing my fiber intake.
12) I'm incorporating one full rest day per week into my training schedule.

Above is a small sample of my daily efforts toward wellness. I'm giving 100% of my effort, and I am thankful for even the smallest of improvements, even if it is a bit frustrating when progress is slow. I will be like the tortoise, rather than the hare, as slow and steady wins the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment