Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weightloss Roller Coaster

I have been on a weightloss rollercoaster for nearly 15 years. I have been over 200 pounds, and I have been 115 pounds. My 5'2" medium frame is most comfortable somewhere around 130 pounds, give or take 5 pounds. Any smaller, and I look sickly; any larger, and I feel heavy. I have been uncomforable in my own skin fo a long time.

I've learned that a big part of my weight history has emotional roots. When I feel down, I eat. Conversely, when I feel good about myself, I have enormous self-control. I am also learning that my weight history has a physical component. I believe that from years of dieting, I have thrown my hormones out of balance. I used to be able to lose weight relatively quickly, once I had the motivation. When I am motivated, I have the self-control of steel. However, over the past three years, I have been unable to lose any substantial weight and keep it off. Most of my weight yo-yoing has occurred within these past three years. I have been known to lose or gain 5-10 pounds in a week. This year, I gained 20 pounds in a month, and a total of 30 pounds within three months.

I have since come to terms with my weight and health issues. I am now on the Road to Recovery from yo-yo weight control. I have the tools and the knowledge to go about weightloss in a safe, healthy way. I am 100% dedicated to approaching my health and wellness from an educated perspective. Since August 24, 2009, I have lost 4 pounds! I will chronicle my journey in the hopes that my experiences will help others in similar situations find wellness, health, and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment